Some superheroes have actual super-powers and some use technology to make themselves into super-humans. I suspect most of us, unless we’ve been bitten by radio-active spiders or come from a distant planet, will need to use technology just like Tony Stark.
So let’s start learning to use some technology. This week’s assignments include:
- Introduce yourself on Twitter to the learning community using the #ds106 hashtag. Also find some other learners to interact with by searching for the #ds106 hashtag. Say hello. Reply to their tweets. Don’t be shy!
- Learn How to Write Assignment Posts: Read How to write up assignments like a blogging champ. I would like to see some excellent posts this week. It is important not only to tell us what you did, but how you did it and what you learned from it. Don’t forget to tag your assignment posts properly!!
- Daily Creates: You must complete at least 3 daily creates this week. Here are the rules:
- You MUST do the Daily Create on the day it comes out. If not done on the day it is released, it does not count. (Please Note – the e-mail alerts do not synch with the correct Daily Create so you need to visit the website to see what the actual assignment of the day is.)
- You MUST publish the Daily Creates according to directions. If it calls for using Flickr, Twitter, etc. it must be published in that manner.
- You MUST tag your Daily Creates correctly and tweet them to @ds106dc.
- You MUST share your Daily Creates in a blog post or series of posts. Your weekly summary should reference all of your Daily Create activities.
- Daily Creates shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes to complete. If you spend more than that, you’re doing it wrong. Don’t worry about perfection. Aim for getting creative. We are looking for getting practice at making and sharing something on a regular basis.
- Explore the Assignment Bank: Using the Assignment Bank. do at least 8 stars’ worth of assignments of your choice. Be sure to choose assignments from 3 different categories (visual, audio, etc). 8 stars could be 8 1-star assignments, or a 4-star and two 2-stars, or any other combination. Try to incorporate our Superhero theme into one or two of the assignments you complete. There is no right way to complete these, just use this opportunity to express yourself creatively through digital media. Be sure to document your work using the recommendations described in item #2 above.
- Form connections with the DS106 community. This week, use the various media to connect with other students learning about digital media through DS106. You may use Twitter, comments on other blogs, or even dedicated blog posts on your own blog in response to something someone else has posted. By all means you can interact with members of the K-State class, but do try to interact with one or two others outside of our institution. You can find people doing the same work we are by monitoring the twitter hashtag #ds106 (people will find you as well if you use it) or by looking at the DS106 Flow page of most recent posts.
- Summarize the week. Create a summary post of all activities for the week and post it to K-State Online Week 3. (FYI – From here on, I am changing the due date for all future assignments to Mondays at 11:59pm. I don’t know if this will actually work better for you, but I want to give you the weekend plus a day.)